Somru’s response to COVID-19
Updated on April 07, 2020
As we monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, we’re taking many steps to do our part in responding to the public health crisis while continuing to meet the needs of our customers, all while supporting the safety and well-being of our employees.
Protecting Employees and the Public
At Somru, safety is our top priority. That is why we are taking proactive measures to protect the health and safety of our employees and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are operating at a heightened level of emergency response preparedness and staying closely connected to recommendations from public health authorities and medical experts.
We have taken steps to help prevent our employees’ exposure and are doing our part in helping prevent the spread of the virus including:
- Enhanced environmental cleaning procedures and protocols with a special attention to high-touch surfaces and objects (e.g., lab bench, phones, computers, desks, lunch tables, kitchens, washrooms, light switch, seating areas, surface counters, etc.).
- Mandatory use of individual measures such as frequent hand hygiene, social distancing, respiratory etiquette and staying home when ill.
- Adjusted workplace policies and procedures to reduce social contact which includes remote working arrangements where applicable, flexible hours, staggering start times, use of video conferencing.
- Canceled all non-essential travel out of province or Canada
- Visitor restriction
- New reduced delivery and pick up protocol
Supporting our Communities
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a deep impact in the communities in which we operate. Like many, we want to do our part to help, and that’s why we are stepping up as much as we can to be part of the solution.
Somru employees have a unique opportunity to improve the current public health crisis and have a positive impact on people's lives. We have initiated multiple projects to develop research solutions to combat the outbreak.
Somru remains open to business, and we are following all guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety at work. We are committed to our clients in these uncertain times and will continue to operate effectively to meet your needs. In the case we experience an inventory issue, we will try to minimize the impact on you and provide prompt notice if we anticipate a delay.